Wednesday 11 October 2017

Curly Hair Winter Hair Care Routine - Tips And What I Use

Hello all!! Today I'm bringing you a post on winter hair, and hair care plus some expert tips from hair dye company, Esalon, from www.Esalon.ca  .This is a topic that I personally adore! I have 3A type curls, with a normal to oily scalp, and dehydrated/dry length and ends!




This is my natural hair texture! This was a wash and go day, just to give you a reference!


-Limit washing your hair so you don't risk stripping your hairs natural oils.
-Rinse with cold water!!! It's chilly but really helps with frizz!


-BE GENTLE!!! When your hair is curly, it's VERY easily damaged and broken. Use a comb and gently work through any tangles!

-I'v never done this, but LOADS of curly gals rave about using a diffuser to dry and add volume!

-Use a microfiber cloth to SQUEEZE the moisture out of your hair. Do not RUB!!


-Use a volumizing mouse at the roots to help plump and make volume!

-Dry shampoo is your BEST FRIEND.

-heat protection is IMPORTANT!!


Now, this is my personal curly hair routine. It may or may not work for you!! Everyone's curls are different!


I wash only the hair that touches my face/scalp once a week, with Got2B Oil-licious shampoo! It's a low lather shampoo, that doesn't make my scalp feel that stripped "squeekey clean" feeling! I'm left with soft, managable hair!


After I wash my scalp, I'll gently squeeze out extra water so the conditioner stays on better! Then I'll take about 5ml of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, and work that through the length around my ears. Then I go back and get MORE conditioner, and I'll work my way down my hair shaft making sure every strand is conditioned.


After I get out of the shower, I'll squeeze out as much water as I can from my belly button length hair, then flip my head over, and gently squeeze with a microfiber cloth to soak up extra water! My hair is super thick so this takes a bit!!

After I get my hair slightly damp, I'll part my hair. Then pump or squeeze out a dime sized amount of hydrating curl cream. (I use Deva Curl Styling Cream, OR Macadamia Curl Cream) and smooth that over the bottom half of my hair, lightly shaking out sections as I go!


Next, I'll squeeze out a nickle sized amount of Deva Curl Light Defining Gel into my palm, press my hands together. Then I flip my hair over and start scrunching sections. This gel gives enough hold to make my curls look defined, but not too much where my hair looks wet or crunchy!


For Second day hair, I'll take Deva Curl Mist-er Right Refreshing Spray, and I'll spray it through section by section, and lightly scrunch my hair back into shape!

This is my curly hair winter routine! What do YOU do differently in the winter for your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment