Thursday 9 February 2017

My In-Depth Skin Care Routine!

Hey friends!! Today we're talking skincare!!

I believe that, skin care is a very IMPORTANT part of makeup! If you have flaky, dry skin, makeup isn't going to sit right on the skin. Or if your skin is SO oily and you're not moisturizing then that's not going to help the oily situation either!!

My skin type: I have dehydrated deep down, and oily on top skin. before I started this routine, i'd wake up in the morning, and my skin felt tight, while being super oily. I'm super acne prone. I'm usually terrified to try a new cream, or serum. Because my skin hates most products!


This is my bare skin, I have ZERO makeup on here! (I infact had just woken up ahaha):





Morning Products:




I start by washing my face with Marcelle's Ultra Gentle Cleansing gel. It's a non foaming, lotion cleanser. I'll wet my face, then pump out a pump and a half of this, then spread it over my face and massage it in, rinse with water and pat try!

For toner, I use Alcohol free toner from Marcelle. It's their Tonifying lotion, It's for normal to dry skin, and it balances my skin!

I'll then pour out a splash of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid. It's a 2% BHA Exfoliating watery essence. I pat this into my skin, focusing on my jawline, and the hollows of my cheeks!

I'll let the Exfoliator sink it and "dry" then I'll follow up with a light moisturizer. I'll use Clinique Dtramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, Or, Yves Rocher Sebo Vegetal Mattifying Gel.

Once the moisturizer has been applied I let it sit for a few and let it sink in. Then I use my all time favourite Sunblock!! I use Paula's Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF50! It's for Combo/Oily skin, and it claims to set to a "soft matte finish" and it truly does! It doesn't feel greasy at ALL. So I feel I CAN apply the full suggested amount of sunblock I need!

After the sunblock's set and sunken in, i'll then start applying my makeup!! It sounds like a lot for the morning, But it's so quick and easy to do for me!!


Night Time Products:





I'll start with Marcelle's 3 in 1 Cleanser, It's a non foaming lotion that I squeeze a quarter sized amount out, then I spread over my skin and massage it in. You can see the white cream turn the colour of my foundation as I rub it in, and it removes my makeup!! It leaves my skin nice and soft and clean!

I'll follow that up with The Face Shop's Rice water Bright Cleansing Foam. I squeeze out a teeny tiny amount and spread it over my wet face, and wash my face with it!! I'll then take a wash cloth and remove the foam from my wash and splash with water!

I'll then pat my face dry, and splash some more of the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid Exfoliator into my palm. Then I'll pat it onto my face!

NOT PICTURED, Because it shows my full name and address. But I use a prescriptive topical anti-acne medication on my cheeks, jaw line, and chin every night!!

I'll then take 3 pumps of Garnier Skin Renew Skin Regenerating Serum and pat that onto my face.

I then dot Marcelle New age day cream onto my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose and then I'll rub/massage it into my skin.

In the winter, I'll then follow up with a dime sized dollop of Avon Rose and Apple Blossom Hydrating mask. I'll pat that all over my face then rub it in until it's all absorbed.

I'll do all of this 30 minutes before I lay down to sleep. Because I find the mask needs some time to sink in and not just rub off all over my pillow!!

And we're done!! This is my updated skin care routine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment