Tuesday 14 February 2017

Sephora Tarte 2017 Birthday Gift Swatches and Thoughts

Hello!! today's a quick post, with my thoughts on the Tarte Birthday gift from Sephora!




In the Tarte birthday gift, you receive:

1mL of Tarte matte lip paint in the exclusive shade Birthday Suit
1.5G of Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the exclusive shade Paaarty

To cut to the chase, these are TINY ass samples. The Lip pain was made in the USA, and the Amazonian clay blush was made in China. (make of that what you will)

Both shades are very neutral, and "nude" on my skintone. I know these would NOT work on super dark, rich skin. Which SUCKS. In my opinion they should have done a super pigmented rich blush shade, because those are more universal. Fair skinned people can buff and sheer it out on the cheek, and dark skinned people can layer it up once or twice. You know?




This is the Lip paint in the shade Birthday Suit on my NC20/25 Skin tone. It's about as "nude" as I would ever go, personally. I have never tried the matte lip paint formula before, and I don't know if it's just this shade? but this feels SO grainy on my lips. it feels like I did a lip scrub and didn't wipe/lick it off. It helps if I apply it all over, and then blend it in with a warm finger. But still. Weird.



Again, this is my first time trying the amazonian clay blush formula. This is a pretty matte pinky nudey shade on me. In the photo above, I have about three layers of it on my cheeks buffed in. It was slightly hard to blend, but I will be honest and say, I don't use or own any matte blushes, so I'm not used to the way they buff and blend. So! I think this will be a good blush shade for days where I'm wearing a bright lip and just want a hint of something on my cheeks!


Overal: I don't know! I like the blush, but could live without the lip paint.

If you've gotten this sephora birthday gift, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment