Tuesday 28 February 2017

Spotlighting Awesome Canadian Beauty Brands - FOTD, and Info!

Hello!!!

I had a huge realization the other day, and that is. I own a lot of Home grown beauty brand products! I am very proud of the fact I am Canadian. I love that i'm Canadian! And I realized I had NEVER done a spotlight on some of my favourite Canadian beauty brands/products!!!

So guess what we're looking at today!


Skincare:




My 2nd favourite skin care brand, let alone canadian brand, is Marcelle! They have AMAZING products for my sensitive acne prone skin! Their creams are moisturizing, and softening, I ADORE their makeup removing lotions. Their Eye makeup remover lotion is the only thing that doesn't sting my eyes!! I highly recommend checking this wonderful skin care and makeup brand out!

I also, REALLY love Vlinder Bath and Body, they are a Ontario (Stayner ON to be exact!) based bath and body brand. I own 3 of their lip balms. And ADORE THEM. My personal favourite scent is their Pumpkin Pie scented lipbalm. It's full of good ingredients, and it's the PERFECT lip balm for under drying lipsticks, as it's a waxier feel, not too thick, not slippery at all, but it is matte! So it's perfect!

Brushes:






These are ALL my QUO Brushes. And I HIGHLY recommend them. I have washed all of these multiple times, and I use some of them EVERY SINGLE DAY, and 99% of them do not shed, or have frizzy breakage. I used the paddle concealer brush, one of the paddle foundation brushes, the blush, the powder, and the angled liner brush every single day! I think my favourite type of QUO brushes are their angled liner brushes. As they are perfection for the brows!! They are stiff, and deposit the perfect amount of pigment,and are easy to do natural strokes!! The only brush that sheds, is the powder brush. When I pat my powder into my skin i'll get some breakage and small pieces of hair on my face. Usually one to three pieces! But as that's the only brush that sheds, I personally do not mind!

Makeup:



For base products, I love Marcelle's BB cream for a light coverage (Mostly to just even out my skin!) I also really like Marcelle's roller ball concealer. It feels so cooling in the summer, and it depuffs!

For heavy coverage, I like MAC Studio Fix Fluid. It's one of the best matches i'v ever found to my yellow, yellow, yellow skin tone!

I also, am on my THIRD compact of MAC Blot powder!! I love this powder so much!! It's matte, and helps set my base and make it last!!



For Cheek products, I go to QUO for bronzers, because they usually have golden or red undertones. And I find that super flattering on my skin! I also love their bronzers because they're shimmery. So I wear them as blushes, as highlights, etc. I also ADORE QUO's highlights. They are some of THE MOST intense highlights i'v ever used!!! Even I, queen of the highlight, feel I have to use a lighter hand with them!!

For blush, I LOVE Annabelle's blushes!! They are pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend out! I own 4 of them, and I love them all!! They come in different finishes, I have a matte one, I have a satiny one with a hint of pearl, and then this one pictured, which is full on shimmer!


For brows, I ADORE Annabelle!! They have amazing brow products!! I personally am a giant fan of their Brow to Go kit in Medium/Dark. I'm on my third compact. And I don't see myself changing it up any time soon!! I'll take my angled QUO brush, pat it into the darker powder, tap off the extra and then brush through my brows to add colour back to them!

For Brow Gel, which I use everyday, I'm a HUGE fan of MAC's waterproof brow set in the darkest shade they have, Brown Ebony. It keeps my brows in place all day, and on lazy days, it adds the perfect amount of pigment to my naturally full and thick brows!


For eyes, I'm ALL over the place!! I love Joe Fresh, (the white, peach, and brown trio up top is my favourite one!) because they do glitter shades REALLY well!

I also love QUO! They do some AMAZING greens, which makes ya girl VERY happy!!! And I love their baked pressed glitters in my inner corners to brighten!! So smooth and non chunky!

I also like a handful of MAC shadows. Of course the two I picked out to show you all, are two greens. Can you tell I was planning on doing a green eye look for y'all? Whoops!


The two MAC shadows I like the most, are Humid, and Sumptuous Olive.


For lips. I'm ALL about BITE beauty, and Joe Fresh!!! Those are my two TOP brands for lip products!! I love BITE for pigment, and vampy shades. And I love Joe Fresh for more every day shades. I love BITE's Amuse Bouche. And I ADORE Joe Fresh's Fresh Glass Lip gloss, their Lip Cremes (Which are SUPER Opaque, creamy finish, liquid lipsticks!)


My "Canadian Brand Only FOTD" :






For today's Canadian FOTD, I used:

Marcelle's BB cream applied to my skin with a paddle brush, I applied some of the BB Under eye Concealer to my under eyes and blended it out with a smaller paddle concealer brush. I set everything with my QUO Powder brush and MAC Blot Powder, I took a mix of Annabelle's #51 Blush (a shimmery cranberry shade) and QUO's Prismatic Face Palette's Bronzer (a shimmery golden brown) and applied that to my cheeks with QUO's blush brush.

I filled in my brows with Annabelle's Brow to Go kit in Medium Dark, then lightly ran MAC's Brow set in Brown Ebony through the front and tail of my brows.

For lips, I applied the Vlinder Pumpkin Pie lip balm, then squeezed out some of Joe Fresh's Fresh Glass in Glace Frais onto the back of my hand and smoothed that to my lips with a clean lip brush!

Eyes were super super quick and easy. I took the red toned satin bronzer from the one QUO face palette, and I buffed that into my crease for some depth and warmth. I then patted MAC Humid On the outer corners of my mobile lids, then I took a light shimmery mint shade from the QUO Minerals Matter Eco You eye quad, and patted that onto my inner half of my mobile lids. I took my 217 and buffed out everything, so there was no harsh lines, and everything was smooth. Then took a QUO pencil brush, and buffed a mix of MAC Sumptuous Olive, and MAC Humid under my lashline. Lastly for shadow, I took some of the yellow gold from the Joe Fresh Trio, and highlighted my inner corners and brow bones! I then applied some of my favourite Canadian falsies, and

We are done!

What do you think of this Canadian brand only look? And what do you think of these products? Would you be interested in trying them?

No comments:

Post a Comment